Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Truth in Business Ethics

The article in which we were asks to read and reflect on was very informative and held statistics that I never would have thought of before. Ethical lapses in the workplace can cause many problems on many levels. When a employer hires someone they do so on the basis that they believe the applicant is honest and trustworthy. Therefore, the employer believes that if their employee is faced with an issue they will do not only do what is right for the company but what is right in the eyes of society.

As I have been working since the age of 16 I have been faced with many ethical situations, whether it be myself in the situation or others. I definitely agree with the fact that it can cause "dissonance and distraction" in the workplace. There have been times where I have been put in situations that looking in retrospect I believe I could and should have handled differently. However, having said that I also try to keep in mind that you can only learn and mature from your mistakes and that is what I am going to continue to do.

No comments: