Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Personality; First or Second Life

I believe that there are just as many advantages to the online job interviews as there are disadvantages. While you can see what an applicant might choose to wear or choose to ask questions about I do believe a major disadvantage would be the fact that you would not get to see the persons actual skills in communicating. One of the things that I excel in is the fact that I can talk to just about anyone about anything. I pride myself in knowing how to approach people and get them talking to me. I feel like this process cuts out a majority of communication and keeps you from understanding the applicants actual personality. If the personality of the applicant does not affect the effectiveness of whether the person can do their job successfully then I feel like the interviewer would be able to get a quality interview.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I hope they they would use this in place of a round one phone interview, but they would still bring people in during the second round for face-to-face interviews.